Acting with business and commercial acumen is often an acquired skillset for many managers and supervisors and something not formally trained or learned as part of a management qualification. But with an annual contribution to the UK economy of £6bn by NCC members, having the skills and the tools to act with high degrees of commercial acumen are critical in today’s marketplace. These areas help energise the organisation, protect its sustainability and are key components in delivering a results driven business which contributes to that overall UK achievement as a sector.
Whatever your management or supervisory role within the tourer, motorhome, caravan holiday home and park home industry, this in-depth workshop will focus on the key deliverables around acting and managing commercially. Achieving bottom line results as well as developing business cases for investment and/or improvement when needed are emphasised as is bringing honed, commercial acumen discipline to the fore when taking and making business decisions.
- What is commercial acumen and what are the skills and behaviours managers and supervisors need to model and demonstrate to enjoy success?
- How to assess your own knowledge, skills and behaviours in making commercial business decisions for your organisation whether in the caravan manufacturing and/or park operations and supplies disciplines
- How and when to use detailed analysis tools to prepare your business cases and understand and utilise trend analysis to boost your commercial success rates
- Preparing and presenting business cases with authority and credibility using sophisticated influencing models
- Engaging your team in commercial enterprise and initiatives by demonstrating strong, credible and genuine management
- Benchmarking your products and services internally and externally and using the management information at your disposal to strengthen your business performance;
How to generate ideas and develop a sample business case during the workshop and practice delivering it to colleagues via learned influencing models
- The skills needed to pitch and sell business ideas to stakeholders at all levels (multiple industry customer bases) using persuasion methodology.
NCC Certificate of Achievement is provided on completion of this course.
This course can be used as part of your overall NCC Park Management Qualification.