Today’s leaders, working within the national caravan sector across multiple disciplines, need to be able to call upon a range of appropriate skills to deliver organisational success.
However, many leaders can find themselves operating purely as tactical managers day to day and may struggle to make the transition to even greater leadership accomplishments which use both a strategic and tactical perspective to achieve their business goals.
This highly thought provoking and experiential workshop will enable delegates to improve both strategic leadership and tactical management skills and enable them to deliver strong results aligned to business strategy and organisational targets whatever their leadership role within the tourer, motorhome, caravan holiday home and park home sector.
Delegates will explore the following learning outcomes in this module:
- What are the critical and operational differences between leadership and management and what are the leadership challenges specific to the national caravan industry today?
- What is transformational leadership versus transactional leadership and how can someone become a great leader while maintaining tactical goals?
- Your own leadership preferences using self-awareness and profiling tools and how this can affect the way the team is led and the way individuals and teams perceive you;
- Linking your leadership to business strategy and vertically aligning them to organisational priorities across multiple disciplines including the whole supply chain, manufacturing, retailing, park operations and the supply of products and services;
- What is strategy? Strategic thinking and problem solving techniques around leadership to boost business performance;
- The key leadership theories evidenced in today's workplaces and how that can impact on your organisational goals and strategies;
- The benefits of leaders using emotional intelligence and how to utilise your own emotional intelligence to build trust and have a profound effect on your team's success;
- Selecting the correct “leadership” approach to lead your team to success and ensuring that your people follow you.