Leaders working within the caravan sector need to be able to call upon a range of appropriate skills to deliver success to their organisation
However, many leaders can find themselves operating as tactical managers day to day and may struggle to make the transition to even greater leadership roles which use both strategic and tactical perspectives to achieve their business goals.
This highly thought-provoking workshop will enable delegates to improve both their strategic leadership and tactical management skills, and enable them to deliver strong results aligned to personal business strategies and organisational targets whatever the leadership role within the tourer, motorhome, caravan holiday home and park home sector may be.
Delegates will explore the following learning outcomes in this module:
- What are the critical and operational differences between leadership and management and what are the leadership challenges specific to the national caravan industry today?
- What is transformational leadership versus transactional leadership and how can someone become a great leader while maintaining tactical goals?
- Your own leadership preferences using self-awareness and profiling tools and how this can affect the way the team is led and the way individuals and teams perceive you;
- Linking your leadership to business strategy and vertically aligning them to organisational priorities across multiple disciplines including the whole supply chain, manufacturing, retailing, park operations and the supply of products and services;
- What is strategy? Strategic thinking and problem solving techniques around leadership to boost business performance;
- The key leadership theories evidenced in today's workplaces and how that can impact on your organisational goals and strategies;
- The benefits of leaders using emotional intelligence and how to utilise your own emotional intelligence to build trust and have a profound effect on your team's success;
- Selecting the correct “leadership” approach to lead your team to success and ensuring that your people follow you.