Coaching and Mentoring is an integral part of creating a sustainable competitive advantage in business today by using these approaches to develop people within your organisation. Having a resource of trained and competent “in house” coaches and mentors has multiple benefits for an organisation both in terms of cost savings and, equally important, on-going staff development through managers and leaders coaching and mentoring their own team members and supporting others across the organisation when needed.
This practical, experiential workshop where your own coaching and mentoring skills will be explored and honed will enable you to improve your approach to individual development and enhance performance across your team and beyond as you enable market leadership within the caravan manufacturing and/or park operations and supplies disciplines.
Delegates will explore the following learning outcomes in this module:
- Understanding/adopting the attributes and principles of an effective coach and mentor applying the key skills and behaviours needed to succeed within caravan industry best practice standards;
- How to have a thorough understanding of the coaching cycle and the key differences in approach between coaching and mentoring;
- Recognising the benefits of coaching and mentoring in the workplace to encourage staff development and empower performance with specific context around the challenges of the caravan industry;
- How to use coaching models and techniques to provide successful coaching conversations including the GROW, OSCAR and The Designed Alliance methods;
- What it takes to create a “coaching and mentoring” culture throughout the business by promoting the benefits to staff whether working in the manufacturing, distribution and/or repair of touring, holiday and motor homes or leadership within residential park homes, and park home and holiday estates;
- Planning and delivering coaching and mentoring to accommodate different learning styles/development needs within the team and aligning development plans to business goals;
- Handling any reluctance to be coached and/or mentored by creating compelling business arguments to adopt new approaches;
- Appreciating what type of coach and mentor you can be using motivational preferences to decide on your approach followed by a practical one to one coaching and mentoring series of sessions using caravan sector examples/case studies.