Change and the applications of change management are key challenges facing today’s managers and supervisors working in the caravan sector. Meeting the changing needs of the business or implementing new approaches can lead to difficulties in teams if not planned and executed correctly. How then can managers and supervisors ensure they mitigate the risks around their change projects and programs to guarantee success whatever their role within the industry.
This workshop will deconstruct the myths and pitfalls around change management as well as provide insight into how managers can successfully plan and deliver sustainable change.
Through an experiential approach, delegates will learn to how to intricately link their change projects to organisational direction as well as manage critical paths and create risk matrices to deal with seen and unforeseen problems that may impact on the change event. Case studies specific to the caravan sector will be employed to deepen appreciation and learning across the topic.
Delegates will also explore the psychological impacts of change on an organisation and individuals and learn how to use compelling communication and emotional intelligence to empower teams and inspired change initiatives.
- What is change and why do businesses need to be able to manage sustainable change programs and projects?
- Why do 75% of change initiatives fail? What can managers do to make sure their programs succeed?
- Understanding and applying project change objectives linked to critical path creation and solid planning
- Brainstorming change techniques to pick the correct solution using classic organisational change models and best practice as well as contextualised case studies specific to the caravan sector
- Explore and appreciate the key change theories evidenced in today's workplaces and how that can impact on team and organisational goals
- How to manage people through change, overcoming resistance and creating compelling arguments for change within your business
Work with the “Change Curve” and psychological reactions/drivers around change and understand how to manage people through them
- Select the correct communications approach (making it caravan industry specific to the area you operate within) to enable strong dialogue when managing change
NCC Certificate of Achievement is provided on completion of this course and is CPD Accredited.
This course can be used as part of your overall NCC Park Management Qualification.