This is a short-course and assessment surrounding guidance to manual handling in the workplace.
This online Manual Handling training course provides learners with the knowledge they need in order to reduce the chance of incurring an injury whilst manually handling loads at work.
Back injury is the main reason for absence from the workplace and one third of all reported injuries that result in three days off work are caused by manual handling accidents. By increasing the awareness about hazards related to manual handling, staff can ensure that they are able to manually handle workplace loads correctly and safely.
Upon completion of this course, learners will understand the importance of moving and handling objects correctly. They will understand how the spine works and how to avoid common spinal injuries. They will be able to identify the important things to take into account before undertaking the moving or lifting of a load. They will also understand the legislation that applies to manual handling, and the responsibilities of an employee and of an employer.
- The Law
- The Spine
- Moving and Handling Objects Safely
- Understand the reasons why you need to know how to move and handle objects correctly
- Know the key pieces of legislation that relate to manual handling
- Understand the responsibilities of employees and employers
- Know the basic theory of how the spine works, common injuries and how to avoid them