Managing performance means being able to apply a range of skills and interactions with staff as a manager and supervisor. Theory tells us managers can spend 80% of their time managing 20% of a team which means enabling highly effective performance is a blended approach with multiple motivation and performance management skills.
To be able to manage both good and bad performers today’s caravan industry professionals need a tools and best practice models to succeed. This includes an ability to gather evidence of poor performance and present it in a way to a team member which does not result in defensiveness or abdication of responsibility.
Delegates will explore the following learning outcomes in this module:
• Understanding the role of the manager in performance management and the skills/behaviours needed to succeed
• The conduct versus capability dilemma for managers
• Identifying the common psychological types within any team and developing performance management strategies to manage and supervise them effectively
• The skills needed to deliver difficult performance management news and how to prepare constructively for a potentially difficult conversation
• How to give feedback using best practice models and how to deal with defensive or challenging reactions if they occur by using assertiveness techniques
• Understanding and applying appropriate stretch objectives for staff members, gaining agreement towards goals and assessing their impact through review, support and monitoring
• Motivating and managing people to boost performance through a range of motivational management approaches
NCC Member - £275.00
Non-Member - £325.00
All prices exclude VAT