"Skills and knowledge (of the trainer) is exceptional and great delivery" MT, Hoburne
Coaching and Mentoring is an integral part of creating a sustainable community in business today, and by using these approaches you can develop people within your organisation.
Having in-house coaches and mentors has multiple benefits for an organisation both in terms of cost efficiency and, equally importantly, in terms of on-going staff development. Additionally, this allows the company to mentor their own team members and support others across the organisation when needed.
This practical, experiential workshop will enable you to improve your approach to individual development and enhance the performance of your team within the caravan manufacturing, park operations and supplies and services disciplines.
Delegates will explore the following learning outcomes in this module:
- Understanding/adopting the attributes and principles of an effective coach and mentor applying the key skills and behaviours needed to succeed within caravan industry best practice standards;
- How to have a thorough understanding of the coaching cycle and the key differences in approach between coaching and mentoring;
- Recognising the benefits of coaching and mentoring in the workplace to encourage staff development and empower performance with specific context around the challenges of the caravan industry;
- How to use coaching models and techniques to provide successful coaching conversations including the GROW, OSCAR and The Designed Alliance methods;
- What it takes to create a “coaching and mentoring” culture throughout the business by promoting the benefits to staff whether working in the manufacturing, distribution and/or repair of touring, holiday and motor homes or leadership within residential park homes, and park home and holiday estates;
- Planning and delivering coaching and mentoring to accommodate different learning styles/development needs within the team and aligning development plans to business goals;
- Handling any reluctance to be coached and/or mentored by creating compelling business arguments to adopt new approaches;
- Appreciating what type of coach and mentor you can be using motivational preferences to decide on your approach followed by a practical one to one coaching and mentoring series of sessions using caravan sector examples/case studies.