This two-day intensive course has been written for technicians who have successfully completed the Test & Inspection course and now wish to develop their skills so that in addition to testing the electrical system they can identify problems, track faults and rectify them. This course, therefore, expands upon the skill base of the technician and allows them safely and competently to carry out a wider scope of electrical work as part of a touring caravan or motorhome service.
What will I cover on the course?
Expending upon the service technician's test and inspection skills, the course will cover the following aspects of 12 volt electrical supply, safety, circuit tracing and battery maintenance in order to further develop their skills to identify, trace and rectify faults in the electrical system:
- Electrical terms and their relationships
- Circuit types, building, fault finding and diagnosis
- Relays and relay circuit building
- Battery technology, types, capacity, charging, safety and tests
- Motor movers, generators and solar panels
- ELV wiring, voltage drop and sizing
- Preparing circuit and wiring diagrams
- Carrying out circuit tracing and understand the use of diagnostic equipment
- Fault types, open/short circuits, polarity and resistance
Following the successful completion of the course and assessment, the technician will receive the NCC Certificate of Competence in Electrical Maintenance of LV/ELV Systems, Equipment & Circuits.
Learners must have previously completed the two-day Test & Inspection course before attending this programme.